What is a Migration Agent?

Migration Agents use their knowledge of immigration law to offer advice or assistance to a person wishing to obtain a visa to enter or remain in Australia. They can also give assistance to people or businesses who are nominating or sponsoring visa applicants and their family members. Migration agents help reunite families and facilitate the migration of those people with the qualities and skills we need to shape our community, grow Australian business and support Australian jobs.

Migration agents provide an essential service in assisting migrants navigate Australia’s visa system.

Anyone who practices as a Migration Agent must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority. People who practice as unregistered Migration Agents are investigated and prosecuted by the authorities.

History of CNA Immigration

Our journey as Migration Agents commenced on 29 October 2009 as ‘Charbel Nehme & Associates’ and became known as ‘CNA Immigration’ on 14 April 2011.

Charbel Nehme (MARN 0851787) has worked as a Registered Migration Agent since 26 September 2008 and enjoys helping clients succeed in difficult circumstances. Charbel has previously worked with asylum seekers in detention facilities around Australia.

4288 004

Australian Immigration Services 

Our migration agents provide a diverse range of immigration services to clients in Australia and abroad, including, but not limited to, the following –

  • Visa Refusal and Cancellation Appeals – The role of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) is to reconsider decisions made by the Australian government. The Migration and Refugee Division (MRD) of the AAT reviews decisions by the Department of Home Affairs.
  • Partner Migration – Partner visas allow the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen to enter or remain in Australia. The partner visa applicant is initially granted a temporary visa, and is eligible for permanent residency if the relationship still exists after a two-year waiting period.
  • Employer Nomination Scheme – The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) allows employers to sponsor foreign workers for permanent residence to fill genuine vacancies in their business. The ENS program comprises a single visa (Subclass 186) where applicants may qualify under three streams,
  • Business Talent (Subclass 132) Visa  – The subclass 132 Business Talent visa allows high-calibre business owners to migrate permanently to Australia.
  • Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Subclass 494) Visa – The Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional visa (SESR) allows employers to sponsor overseas workers to live and work in regional Australia on a temporary basis. This visa is designed to assist regional employers who are unable to meet their skilled Australian workforce needs from the local labour market.
  • Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) Visa – The subclass 485 (Temporary Graduate) visa allows international students who have completed their studies in Australia to live and work in Australia on a temporary basis. The temporary graduate visa program comprises a single visa (Subclass 485) where applicants may qualify under two streams, the post-study or graduate work stream.
  • Temporary Skills Shortage (TSS) Visa – The subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa allows employers to sponsor overseas workers to live and work in Australia on a temporary basis. This visa is designed to assist employers who are unable to meet their skilled Australian workforce needs from the local labour market. It is valid for a maximum of either two or four years, depending upon the nature of the skilled position.
  • Skilled Work Regional (Subclass 491) Visa – The Subclass 491 visa will enable eligible skilled workers and their families to live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia for 5 years. The 491 visa was designed to address labour market shortages in regional Australia by encouraging greater Skilled Migration to regional Australia.
  • General Skilled Migration – The Points-tested stream of the Skilled – Independent visa allows highly skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, State or Territory of Australia, or family member to live and work permanently in Australia.

Client Service Guarantee

CNA Immigration provides a Client Service Guarantee by limiting the total number of new clients our Migration Agents can agree to represent each month. Our ability to accept new instructions is dependent on any pre-existing obligations to our current clients that we are expected to meet.

How do I find a Migration Agents Registration Number?

Registered Migration Agents are identified by their MARN, which stands for ‘Migration Agents Registration Number.’ A migration agent is required by law to provide their MARN registration details on all advertising material.

The first two digits of a Migration Agent’s MARN (Migration Agents Registration Number) represent the year the agent was first registered.

You can locate a 7 digit registration number of any migration agents website or advertising material. This 7 digit number is the Migration Agents Registration Number.

Migration Agent Facts

  • The most common visa classes which require assistance by Registered Migration Agents include employer sponsored, temporary work (skilled), Temporary Skill Shortage, Business skills, and family.
  • The Department of Home Affairs publishes a Migration Agent Activity Report approximately every six months on the provision of immigration assistance in Australia.
  • The most recent Activity Report for Registered Migration Agents published in June 2020 confirms that 35 percent of agents have worked for more than 10 years in the migration advice industry.
  • The June 2020 report confirms that 12 percent have worked between 7-9, 20 percent between 4-6 and 27 percent between 1 and 3 years in the migration advice profession.

Book an Appointment 

The MARA Code of Conduct states that a migration agent must be frank and candid about the prospects of success when assessing your request for assistance or making an application under the Migration Act or Regulations.

Please book an appointment to discuss your visa application with a Registered Migration Agent. All new enquiries are subject to our consultation policy. Please read and understand our consultation policy before you book an appointment.