BSMQ – Subclass 491 Visa Small Business Owner Pathway Now Open
The SC 491 Small Business Owner (SBO) option can be used to reward small business owners in regional Queensland for investing in the local business community and providing employment opportunities for local residents.
The Small Business Pathway is for migrants who are currently living and operating a small business in a regional area.
Applicants must have an occupation that is on the Department of Home Affairs Instrument LIN 19/051 and have a positive skills assessment in their nominated occupation. Applicants in this stream must have full-time work rights and must not be currently studying.
To be eligible for Queensland nomination, you must satisfy the requirements for both the Department of Home Affairs and the Business and Skilled Migration Queensland (BSMQ) for the Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa.
BSMQ criteria requires you to –
- have an occupation on Legislative Instrument LIN19/051.
- demonstrate prior business experience or qualifications to successfully run the business. Alternatively, you must have previously been involved in a family run business.
- be on a visa that allows full-time work and operation of the business for a minimum of 35 hours per week.
- have purchased an existing business in regional Queensland.
- paid a minimum of $100,000 AUD for the business.
- have 100% ownership of the business. Partnerships or joint ventures are not eligible.
- be trading for six months prior to application.
- employ one employee who is an Australian resident working a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- provide evidence of sufficient settlement funds.