Legislative Instrument - IMMI 17/011 - F2017L00266 - Migration Regulations 1994 - Arrangements for Student Visa Applications 2017/011. This Instrument specifies the form, place and manner for lodging an Item 1222 Student (Temporary) (Class TU) visa application for subclasses 500 and 590. It revokes IMMI 16/017 (F2016L00630).
It specifies form 157N for the purposes of Item 1222(1) to be provided as part of an application by applicants who are under 18 at the time of application and intend to reside with a parent, a person who has custody of the student, or a suitable relative.
Commenced on 21 March 2017
Legislative Instrument - IMMI 17/012 - F2017L00267 - Migration Regulations 1994 - Evidence of financial capacity for SC 500 and 590 2017/12. This Instrument revokes IMMI 16/018 (F2016L00639) and specifies the evidence required to demonstrate sufficient funds to meet the costs and expenses of applicants during intended stay and for each member of the family who will be in Australia. It further specifies the following:
- de facto partner income of Primary applicant
- evidence of financial capacity - to meet the costs of the nominating student's course fees, travel expenses and living costs (SC 590)
- pro rata amounts for annual living costs - where intended stay is less than 12 months,
- Letter of support regarding sufficient funds from either Dept of Foreign Affairs or Dept of Defence where students are sponsored by either of these departments
Legislative Instrument - IMMI 17/013 - F2017L00269 - Migration Regulations 1994 - Migration Regulations 1994 - Evidence of Intended Course of Study for subclass 500. This Instrument revokes IMMI 16/027 (F2016L00650) and specifies the following relevant evidence for each of the applicant's intended courses of study or activities:
- CoE number(not cancelled or revoked) in the relevant field in the application form OR
- Letter of offer(not cancelled or revoked) - where no CoE issued, and applicant is onshore, to be attached to the application OR
- Letter of support (for Foreign Affairs, Defence students) OR
- An AASES form (for secondary exchange students) OR
- Letter from education provider (requiring applicant to remain in Australia during marking of postgraduate thesis)